Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Denunzio's in Pioneer Square

So I'm back in town for a while and finally caught up on real life stuff now back to happy hour reviews.

A while back I heard that Denunzio's down in Pioneer Square had happy hour. I went with a friend and we walk in and ask and are told they did not have happy hour. As we begin to walk back up the stairs to leave Lugigi tells us that for us there will be happy hour!
$4.00 wines red or white and $4.00 plate of food, consisting of pasta, chicken, bruchetta, sausage, polenta and I can't remember the other one. We tried some pasta, bruchetta and the polenta, if you don't like bell peppers let them know because every dish was smothered in them but the food was ok.

The place is in the basement of a building and kind of has a fun house look and feel to it, it's not some place I'd go again for happy hour unless I needed a good laugh, Lugigi is one funny man and he can sure turn a shitty day into a not so shitty day just by talking to you.

Over all I'd give Denunzio's a 2.5 cheers our of 5, the food nor the wine did much for me and I have no idea what their real happy hour days/times are.

No comments: