Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Calamity Jane's in Georgetown

I went to Calamity Jane's a while ago to meet some friends for happy hour. I don't get to Georgetown much because it's kind of a forgotten place to me but I was invited so I went.

They have happy hour Monday to Saturday from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm with food and drink specials. Drink specials are cans of Hamm's for $1.00, microbrews on tap and Wells $3.00, and a buck off of all boozes and wine. I went for a Duwamish tonic which was blueberry stoli, lemonade and a pomegranate float, it was tasty and deadly that's for sure.

The food specials are your choice for just $3.66 pulled pork sliders, gyoza dumplings, hot chicken Wings, and Mozzerepa which was interesting, fresh mozzarella and basil sandwiched between two basil Johnny cakes and served with marinara, like I said it was interesting. The pork sliders and gyoza were my two favorites that I tasted that night.

Service was great and the bartender keep separate tabs for everyone which was great considering the size of our party.

A word of caution when coming here parking sucks, so start looking early unless you drive a motorcycle than you can just park on the sidewalk apparently, I saw more than one motorcycle park on the sidewalk.

Over all I'd give Calamity Jane's a solid 3.5 stars the food didn't wow me and it's kind of our of the way with limited parking.

No comments: